In case if you haven’t noticed, the days of wearing limited size shapers are long gone! It is time to embrace your physique and flash your curves with pride. Deciding on the right shapewear facilitates a perfect base for wearing the desired dress. This has to be done cautiously, as using the improper shapewear might cause long-term damages.
Here, you’ll be guided through the precautions and steps you’ll have to take while deciding plus size shapewear for tummy control. You can also check out some of the best shapewear for tummy and waist here.
- Understanding your size
While buying shapewear and sizewear, always check that you are getting the appropriate size. If you are not sure about the measurements, it is better to go for the next bigger size. Underwear and shapewear sizes are subject to change, so choose your size properly and carefully.
Some people believe that buying smaller size shapewear might help them lose weight quicker. This is false information. Not only is it extremely uncomfortable, but it also compresses your muscles to a dangerous level, thus pressing on muscles and nerves. It also creates unwanted bulges and rolls in undesirable places.
- Selecting the correct support level
It is essential to know how much compression you need on your tummy and to pick out the preferred level accordingly. There are three sorts of compression available: light, medium, and firm. Each type has its benefits.
- Light compression – Used with daily wear, it helps in smoothing out rolls and bulges.
- Medium compression – Provides hours of comfortable compressing, and it helps to accentuate your curves.
- Firm compression – Helps in building further contour. These are particularly used with formal wear while donning structured clothes in events like weddings, proms.
- Know your body shape
Even when you choose the right size, it is also vital that you know your body shape and opt for the apt shapewear for your tummy. There are countless body types, and some of them are pear-shaped, apple-shaped, rectangle, and hourglass. Find the suitable shapewear for your body, and you can flaunt your original curves, by emphasizing them.
- Coordinate your shapewear to the occasion
The amount of compression you require on your physique depends on the occasion. You can choose your fit according to your outfit and rock pretty much in any clothing!
- Daily wear: It is for the best if you avoid wearing shapewear while chilling out. But if you feel that you would rather feel comfortable in your shapewear while wearing certain tops, you should go for light or medium support.
- Work wear: Preferring medium support wear is best fitted for work, as they are both comfortable and give you a neat, suited look.
- Formal wear: Events like weddings call for the use of firm or heavy-fitting shapewear. Advisable to use this type only for certain hours, as it might be a bit constricting.
- Evening wear: A medium support wear will allow you to smooth out your rolls and bulges while flaunting a cute sundress.
These are some of the necessary points to keep in mind while purchasing plus size shapewear. Get your hands on the right one and parade yourselves boldly! You can check out shapewear before and after real results here to see how people look after wearing shapellx shapewear.